Devnology Podcast 048 - Emma Armstrong
In this episode we talk about software testing with Emma Armstrong. We talk about what makes a good tester, and we discuss testing katas as a way to introduce and practice testing.
Emma is a test engineer and all-round do-gooder at Red Gate Software and has been baking quality into software for over 13 years. In that time she’s gotten her hands dirty with both manual and automated testing and had the opportunity to dig into everything from compilers to web applications. She’s worked with most methodologies, gotten to grips with technologies ranging from chipset hardware to UI (and everything in between), managed test teams and is currently working on one of Red Gate’s latest developer tools.
Follow Emma on twitter: @EmmaATester
Links for this podcast:
- More on the testing katas in this article : Be deliberate about improving your testing skills
- Emma occasionally blogs on http://taooftesting.co.uk
- Emma mentions various testing techniques such as Boundary Value Analysis and using Testing Oracles
- Smartbear have published some testing katas on API testing here
- Emma also mentions adoption of The Three Amigos (BA, developer & QA) process
- Emma mentions Markus Gärtner, who recommends http://testing-challenges.org as a great source of ideas for Testing katas.
This podcast is in English - Deze podcast is in het Engels
This podcast was published on 28-10-2014 and lasts for 01:01:43 minutes