Devnology Podcast 045 - Dick Wall and Avdi Grimm
In this episode we bring you a special interview with two well-known podcasters: Dick Wall and Avdi Grimm. Dick Wall, also known as the sheriff of the Java Posse, works as a Scala trainer and consultant at Escalate Software. Avdi Grimm, one of the Ruby Rogues, is a Ruby code hacker, Chief aeronaut at ShipRise and head chef at RubyTapas.com. In the interview we cover a wide range of subjects like joy and courage in software development, siloing in the software community, an idea for a conference by Avdi that he'll never ever organise and working self-employed.
Links for this podcast:
- The slides of the presentations that Dick and Avdi gave at the Joy of Coding conference can be found on SpeakerDeck. Video recordings will follow soon on InfoQ.
- Avdi creates short screencasts for Ruby developers, twice a week: RubyTapas.
- Dick's talk on courage in software development can be seen on Parleys.
- A bunch of Ruby Koans that we mention in the podcast can be found here.
- The statement has to learn a new language every year stems from the Pragmatic Programmer book.
This podcast is in English - Deze podcast is in het Engels
This podcast was published on 08-04-2014 and lasts for 59:14 minutes